Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Dinosaur boy and the "Dragons"







Q started playing Coach Pitch baseball this spring and his team's name is Dragons. He loves it. Eversince Aaron and his dad took Q and Tara to the Dodger game last summer he's been asking to play baseball. And this year he was finally old enough to play. He is one of the youngest players on the team but he sure can keep up with the 6 year olds. The first game he played - he hit every single pitch thrown at him. And he loves running the bases and being on the field - even if he is just rolling on the dirt or throwing it in the air. He is now reading and doing simple addition. We go through books at home like there's no tomorrow. He just loves to be read too. At night, he'll wash up fast just so I can read to him before bed. One of his favorites to read are dinosaur books. He makes me read this dinosaur book that has detailed information for various dinosaurs - carnivore? omnivore? mesozoic era? argentinosaurus? corythosaurus? He wants to be a paleontologist when he grows up. On the same hand, he loves his marvel superheroes. His favorite right now is the flash. He runs around the house and says "mama look how fast I can run" and just runs around the house really fast. He and Aaron are into the superhero squad right now. Q can assemble probably anything with Legos as long as you give him the instructions. At about 2 1/2 he can follow any assembly instruction - his train table, legos - as long as it has pictures since he couldn't read yet. He is smart and not shy at all. And when he is shy, he'll say "mama it's ok to be shy, right? Because I'm shy right now." He expresses himself very well and we are teaching him to explain himself properly for those times when we have to "interrogate" both him and Tara as to "what happened" and ask why are they fighting, AGAIN. Needless to say, our days with him are always exciting, tiring and gratifying. Having three kids is extremely tiring and challenging but I would not trade places with anyone. I am exactly where I am suppose to be - my Dejavu says so... Earlier today, I watched Q put Seira's shoes on as Aaron and I were packing up the van to go to his game. Aaron and I didn't ask him to do this but he loves his sisters and want to make sure no one is left behind, especially the littlest one. I just want to scream with joy and love...Thank you God for giving me my family. Oh and he learned to play, Jan Ken Pon last March. He made Aaron play it with him for a long time and he couldn't stop laughing. Now it helps to resolve simple problems at home.

No comments:

La Familia...